- New recalls cover several products that were found to include substances not included on the label, including some dangerous ones.
- People who take the drug spironolactone, made by Bryant Ranch Pharmaceuticals, need to check their prescription bottle.
- Manufacturer Medtronic is recalling HVAD Pump Implant Kits that may not be working as intended. Pumps may not properly respond to heart failure-- with potentially fatal results.
- Covid-19 is having a surprising effect on the heart and vascular system. We spoke to experts to find out what's going on.
- The iPhone 12's MagSafe feature may be not safe if you have a pacemaker.
- Newly released safety trial results have revealed heart and cancer risks associated with Xeljanz.
- The coconut oil in your pantry may not be as heart healthy as you thought it was. Other plant-based oils may be healthier.
- Women with more fat around the waist are considered 20% more likely to suffer a heart attack than those with fat around the hips.
- The study showed that a patient diagnosed 10 years earlier than someone of the same age had a 50% increased risk of dying from cardiovascular disease.
- A diet high in fat and sugar, which could include fast food, may affect the immune system in the same way as a bacterial infection.
- A surrogate refused a baby’s parents’ wish for an abortion after finding out the unborn boy had a heart defect. Now she is calling on people to love them for their decision ultimately to "choose...
- Getting enough deep sleep is important for you health. Here’s how many hours you need and how to get more.
Cardiovascular disease or heart disease is a class of diseases that involve the heart or blood vessels (arteries and veins). Cardiovascular diseases remain the biggest cause of deaths worldwide, though over the last two decades, cardiovascular mortality rates have declined in many high-income countries.