- For the new study, researchers compared work history of people diagnosed with the neurodegenerative disease against those who did not have ALS.
- Long-term marijuana users are reporting debilitating vomiting and stomach pain, part of a mysterious but possibly rising condition linked to weed.
- Four myths and facts about dementia that will help you understand the issues people with the neurological disorder and their families and caregivers face on a daily basis.
- Dance class can help reverse some signs of aging in the brain by enlarging the hippocampus and improving balance.
- Cloudiness or haziness of water, and three other signs that will determine if your drinking water is safe.
- A new study has found that resveratrol, a compound found in fruits, such as the grapes used to make red wine, may stop your brain from aging and keep the mind younger.
- Pain and itch are not the same, but they are closely linked. This is why.
- For those avoiding a painful and scary lumbar puncture, a blood test might tell them what kind of neurodegenerative disorder they have.
- Playing a virtual reality game could help doctors find and treat people with schizophrenia earlier.
- Don’t be embarrassed if you have hemorrhoids. Learn about them instead.
- Are you comfortably numb? If the tingling and loss of sensation is bothering you, one of these strange conditions may be the culprit.
- The reason why acid trips last 12 hours or more is linked to how LSD binds to receptors in the brain.
A neurological disorder is any disorder of the body's nervous system. Structural, biochemical or electrical abnormalities in the brain, spinal cord or other nerves can result in a range of symptoms. Examples of symptoms include paralysis, muscle weakness, poor coordination, loss of sensation, seizures, confusion, pain and altered levels of consciousness.There are many recognized neurological disorders, some relatively common, but many rare.