- If you or anyone you know has IBS, here are 7 of the best supplements for Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- If you want to reap the benefits of taking activated charcoal, here are 7 of the best activated charcoal pills on Amazon.
- Diarrhea while we're sick can actually make us feel a lot better - eventually.
- New research has found that traumatic experience may permanently alter the gut microbiome, and increase likelihood and severity of IBS symptoms.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome sufferers might find relief with soy.
- These five yoga poses help promote good digestive health by alleviating symptoms such as gas, bloating, and constipation.
- Scientists are studying genes associated with inflammatory bowel disease in an effort to find new treatments.
- Something Wicca this way comes… and it’s a healthier lifestyle.
- President Trump's press secretary, Sean Spicer, has an Orbits habit. What you should know.
- Abdominal pain could be a sign of gallstones, stomach ulcers, kidney stones, or more, depending on its location.
- Should you get regular colonics? Doctors warn that pumping water up your rectum is not good for your health.
- Recent research could suggest an alternate treatment option for patients with irritable bowel diseases like Crohn's, who are unresponsive to current treatment options.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS, or spastic colon) is a symptom-based diagnosis characterized by chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating, and alteration of bowel habits. As a functional bowel disorder, IBS has no known organic cause. Diarrhea or constipation may predominate, or they may alternate. Although there is no cure for IBS, there are treatments that attempt to relieve symptoms, including dietary adjustments, medication and psychological interventions.