- New study reiterates the importance of monitoring and follow-up of U.S. Ebola survivors.
- Some studies show poor sleep-induced fatigue can worsen your health, impairing your brain, muscles, and skin.
- Entrain, a new "body hack" app from the University of Michigan, promises to help travelers and shift workers fight fatigue.
- A newly discovered enzyme hints at ways to "reset" the human body clock and effectively cure the fatigue of travel and shift work.
- New research suggests patients with MS are more likely to have an undiagnosed sleeping disorder, which could contribute to their fatigue.
- Alabama Football Team's Anti-Gravity Treadmill Is Star Of New Facility: The Future Of Injury RehabilitationAlabama's recent facility improvements include an anti-gravity treadmill that has the potential to change the way athletes rehabilitate from injuries.
- Marine Helps Boy Finish 5K Race, Runs With Him To Finish Line: Myles Kerr Says He Was 'Just Doing What Any Man Would Do'Nineteen-year-old marine Myles Kerr helps a nine-year-old boy struggling to complete a 5K race in Michigan.
- Daniel Chong, Student, Left In DEA Cell For 4 Days: 25-Year-Old Was Forced To Drink His Own Urine In Near-Death ExperienceStudent Daniel Chong, 25, has been awarded a $4.1 million settlement after he was locked and forgotten in a DEA cell for four days without food or water.
- Christian Benitez's Death Sends Shock Waves Across The Soccer World; Ecuador Striker Suffered Heart AttackEcuador striker Christian Benitez's death was due to heart complications that began with appendicitis.
- Mystery Stomach Bug Affects Over 275 In 8 States: CDC Warns Cyclospora Outbreak Could Spread FurtherA stomach bug puzzling the CDC and FDA has caused over 275 illnesses in eight states since mid-June.
- Tuna Capsized Boat: 230-Pound Ahi Pulls 54-Year-Old Anthony Wichman Into Sea, Nearly Drowns Him [VIDEO]After a tuna capsized his boat along the Pacific Coast, Hawaii man Anthony Wichman fought for his life.
- Schoep, the arthritic dog photographed floating on Lake Superior with his owner, dies at the age of 20.
Fatigue is a state of awareness describing a range of afflictions, usually associated with physical and/or mental weakness, though varying from a general state of lethargy to a specific work-induced burning sensation within one's muscles. Fatigue is a non-specific symptom, which means that it has many possible causes. Fatigue is considered a symptom, as opposed to a medical sign, because it is reported by the patient instead of being observed by others.