A New Jersey man who may have been high on PCP (Phencyclidine) or "angel dust" reportedly went on a bizarre rampage Sunday night that ended up with him chewing off his own finger and swallowing it.

Police at the Hudson County jail said the events began unfolding just before 8 p.m. Sunday night, when Jersey City resident Jargget Washington, 29, allegedly stripped naked and terrorized drivers in the city's west side by "pounding his fists on cars and screaming incoherently," according to The Jersey Journal.

Washington allegedly tried to pull a driver out of a car, but the driver managed to fight him off before police arrived at the scene.

When police arrived, they were able to restrain Washington and took him to Jersey City Medical Center for an evaluation.

Washington reportedly became aggressive once he was at the hospital and began spitting at officers and eating his medical bracelet, according to The Jersey Journal.

He had also reportedly tried to free himself from his handcuffs by gnawing on his wrists, and later as he was taken to the Hudson County Jail, he defecated in the back of a police cruiser in his hospital garb, according to police.

It was at the jail where the 29-year-old bite off one of his fingers and swallowed it, a Hudson County spokesman confirmed, according to The Jersey Journal.

Washington was taken back to the Jersey City Medical Center and is currently being treated and evaluated at the hospital.

"When (Washington) was released, the hospital felt that he wasn't a threat to himself or others," hospital spokesman Mark Rabson told the Jersey Journal about his first visit.

Police believe that Washington may have been high on PCP, a synthetic drug that causes symptoms similar to schizophrenia.

In low doses, PCP, also known as "angel dust" or "wet", can lead to numbness in the extremities and intoxication and uncontrolled convulsions in high doses. The drug can also cause hallucinations and make users extremely violent.

According to the New Jersey Department of Corrections, Washington previously served more than three years for selling drugs and was most recently released from prison in January.