- Young women might have trouble getting regular periods if they breathe a lot of air pollution.
- A surrogate refused a baby’s parents’ wish for an abortion after finding out the unborn boy had a heart defect. Now she is calling on people to love them for their decision ultimately to "choose...
- Scientists have found a link between weight and a woman’s risk for starting menopause early.
- A household chemical found in furniture, carpet and gym mats may be a culprit in lowering a woman's fertility.
- The widow of a murdered NYPD police offer has now given birth to a baby girl after using sperm collected following his death.
- A new report shows evidence that sperm count in Western men has plummeted over several decades.
- Graduate women are freezing their eggs due to a lack of men committed to starting a family.
- One researcher believes that in as little as 30 years, sex may no longer be used for human reproduction because genetically edited stem cells will be easier and more cost-effective.
- Women under 30 may have lower chance of a successful IVF if they conceive with an older man compared to a man their same age.
- New research suggests that sleeping in a noisy environment may interfere with a man's fertility levels.
- New research has found that the genes involved with heart disease also help people have children.
- On World No Tobacco Day, we're reminded of the long-term health effects of smoking; it can even harm our ability to get pregnant long after we quit.
Infertility primarily refers to the biological inability of a person to contribute to conception. Infertility may also refer to the state of a woman who is unable to carry a pregnancy to full term. There are many biological causes of infertility, some which may be bypassed with medical intervention.